Significant Benefits of Daily Pranayama Practice
- It helps to raise the immune system which prevents our body from viruses and diseases.
- Heat providing pranayama such as Surya Bhedi, Bhastrika, etc helps to maintain the metabolism, burn the extra fat which makes our digestive system better and helps to lose the extra weight.
- Some coolness providing pranayama such as Chandra Bhedi, Sheetali, etc, Improve the state of mind and fight against insomnia, stress, anxiety, and hypertension.
- It helps to improve the focus and self-awareness.
- The practice of deep inhale and exhale in pranayama helps to improve the functioning of the respiratory system.
- Purify all the psychic channels known as “Nadi”.
- It helps to achieve the state of lightness and stability of mind, body, and soul which is the main purpose of pranayama.
- Try to practice under the guidance of a good and experienced teacher.
- Clear the channel of your nostrils before practice with the cotton tissue paper.
- Make sure that the environment around you should not too cold, hot, or windy. Increase the pace of practice gradually.
- Practice in Brahmamuhrata timing between 4-6 am gives you special benefits.
Benefits of Different Pranayama
Nadi Shodhan Pranayama Benefits
- Purification of Nadis is prior to commencing the pranayama it allows us to maintain the free flow of prana in our whole body which generates vital energy.
- This pranayama helps to improve the function of our respiratory system, digestive system, internal organs, and also maintain the blood flow from the heart.
- It is also beneficial for maintaining the balance in the major three disorders Vatta (Air), Pitta, and Kaffa (Mucus) in our body which found the major cause of disease in our body.
- Build the focus and concentrating power of the mind and helps to reduce the traits of stress, anxiety, or depression.
Surya Bhedi Pranayama (Sun Piercing Pranayama) Benefits
- As per name this pranayama activates heat and energizes the body.
- This pranayama helps to build the intellect because Surya Bhedi pranayama is done by the right nostril and our right nostril is connected to our sympathetic nervous system which enhances the sympathetic activity and rate of metabolism.
- This pranayama is very helpful during wintertime, it increases the rate of heat and also helpful for those who have low blood pressure problems.
- This pranayama is excellent pre-meditation pranayama it makes the mind more alert and perspective.
Chandra Bhedi Pranayama (Cooling Pranayama or Moon piercing) Benefits
- Chandra Bhedi benefits are directly opposite to the Surya bhedi.
- In this pranayama, it activates your left nostril which controls the heat in your body and makes you calm and quiet and also controls the over excitement.
- It helps to reduce stress and hypertension.
- It is beneficial for High Blood Pressure Patients.
Ujjayi Pranayama Benefits
- This pranayama has a heating effect on the body which improves the blood circulation system of our body.
- It has a great impact on our psychic level profoundly relaxing and also used in soothing our nervous system which makes our mind very calm and relaxes.
- It also helps to relieve if someone is suffering from any sleeping disorder or “insomnia” if you practice this pranayama in Shavasana (dead pose) for a while just before going to bed.
- The practitioner of this pranayama would never suffer from any stomach disorders like constipation, intestinal ulcer, dysentery, and liver problems also.
- The main effect of this pranayama is clear the Kapha disorder from the body, clear your voice, and improve it better.
Sheetali Pranayama Benefits
- In Sanskrit, Sheetali means “cool”. It helps to regulate the hormonal drives and temperature. It reduced the heat and cools the mind.
- It is very beneficial pranayama during the summertime and if you have any stress disorder or tiredness due to excessive labor of all day.
- It helps to reduce the emotional and mental excitement and encourage the energy of prana to flow all over the body.
- It also helps to control the anger issue and generate a feeling of satisfaction.
Bhastrika Pranayama Benefits
- It helps to improve the functioning of the lungs and had a great impact on our nervous system.
- By performing this pranayama our digestive function also works well because of the rapid movement of the abdomen.
- It helps to reduce the toxin; germs and mucus present in the lungs and fulfill the supply of oxygen to the whole body.
- It also terminates the phlegm present in the throat, recommended for asthmatic disorders. It helps to improve the glow in the face and faster the process of healing.
Bhramari Pranayama Benefits
- Producing the sound of hummings like a bee with closing eyes and ears gives the feel of vibration in our whole body especially in the brain, throat, and face.
- One of the major benefits of this pranayama is for ears, it develops listening power. It is a very helpful pranayama to rejuvenate oneself.
- It helps and improving the state of mind in depression, stress, tiredness, anxiety, sleeping disorder, anger issues, and uncontrollable emotion.
- It alleviates the ailment from the throats, nostrils, and ears. It creates harmony in mind which makes your mind inward to oneself.
Kevali Pranayama Benefits
- Improve the capacity of the lungs and improve the breathing process.
- Help to maintain the circulation of blood to the whole body which improves the functioning of the heart.
- Help to maintain the three main disorders of our body vatta, pitta and kafha.
- Reduce anxiety, hypertension, and rejuvenate the nervous system.
Pranayama Yoga Benefits and Types